The Magical Panagong-Tso

Category: Outdoor Scenes

 

Photo and caption by Raghavendra KS

Outdoor Scenes : At 15000 Feet above sea-level, perched on top of Trans-Himalayan ranges amidst snow-capped mountains, is a magical endhoeric lake called "Panagong-Tso" (in Leh). The beauty of this lake is from its immaculate blue hues of its water, and the most interesting part of this lake is that only 30 percent of this lake is within the Indian Border, the rest 70% of the lake belongs to the Chinese territory.

Location: LEH, Ladakh, India

 

More Outdoor Scenes Entries »

 
  1. Cave and Camera

    By Shannon Charlebois

  2. Reflect

    By Shannon Charlebois

  3. Bridging Old to New

    By Shannon Charlebois

Take A Nat Geo Trip

Select a destination or trip type to find a trip:

See All Trips »

Join Nat Geo Travel's Communities




Subscribe to Nat Geo Traveler

  • 3050C_TRV_Banner_160x120.jpg

    Order Now

    Available in print and for iPad®! See destinations come alive with 360-degree photos, videos, and more!